Focus and Scope
Siberian Journal of Social Sciences (Krasnoyarsk Science) is a social and scientific-and-practical peer reviewed journal designed to promote both fundamental and applied regional achievements in the field of economics, foreign economic activity, politics, international cooperation and law on the territory of the Russian Federation and abroad.
In order to organize a quality scientific review of the submitted articles, the priority interests of the journal include manuscripts on three fields of science (Economics, Politics, Law). For the purposes of publication, the editorial board of the journal selects reviews, analytical articles and original research papers as well as brief reports and professional reviews on most significant achievements in the field of economics, politics and law.
A wide range of problems appearing on the pages of the journal is determined by its social and scientific-and-practical orientations.
The journal has an international and interdisciplinary nature.
The mission of the journal is to unite scientists’ research efforts aimed at studying topical issues of social sciences; to create a professional space for discussing complex issues of international and socio-economic policy, economics, management, law and promoting the results of Russian scientific research studies in the global scientific information space, as well as contribute to discussion and popularization of this field of knowledge by providing open access to published articles.
Siberian Journal of Social Sciences publishes the most significant scientific papers on innovative issues, research, development, innovative programmes and projects to foster economic growth of the Russian regions, results of empirical research and experiments in both Russian and international socio-economic policies. Special emphasis is made on various aspects of international cooperation in the field of economic theory, economics, management and law.
Unlike other periodical scientific periodicals published by academic institutions and organizations, the journal focuses primarily on regional topical issues, considered in a wide range from pilot innovative research activities to large-scale implementation of scientific research results into practice.
- to form new views based on modern scientific approaches and academic polemic;
- to publish, present and disseminate scientific works by Russian and foreign authors, latest information and best practices in studying topical issues of social and economic science;
- to provide opportunities for professional communication to a wide range of researchers and specialists in various fields of economics, political science and law;
- to support conceptual and empirical discussions on fundamental and applied issues of academic research in the field of economics, political science and law;
- to promote theoretical and practical research in various fields of knowledge;
- to provide an opportunity to learn about relevant scientific research activities to all interested readers from all over the globe;
- to inform the professional community of new relevant publications and research projects;
- to establish and enhance scientific relations between Russian and foreign scientists;
- to encourage young researchers to become a part of the professional community.
Relevance, interest to the public, novelty of the proposed ideas and scientific certainty of the materials presented are the criteria that the submitted manuscripts have to meet to be published. The mission of the editorial board is to provide opportunities for a well-posed and well-founded discussion of the most topical issues that would include presentation of different types of discourse as well as different research approaches. The decision to accept the article for publication is made by the editorial board taking into consideration the opinions of leading scientists, being reviewers and experts, who assess the article according to the above-mentioned criteria.
The authors of the journal are major scholars, analysts, researchers, state and regional government employees, internationally recognized leading scientists. The journal also provides an opportunity for postgraduate students and young scientists to have their papers published. Such articles are also published provided they conform to the above-mentioned criteria and editorial policies. The journal allows the authors to have the results of their scientific research published, and thereby it contributes to the formation of research teams united around the study of specific issues.
The problems under consideration are diverse and complex, though, a specialised scientific journal has not been published in Russia yet. The present journal is to fill in this gap. The thematic focus of this journal makes it a unique Russian language publication in this field.